No matter what type of wedding you’re planning, big or small, everyone has worries about their big day. You want to enjoy your wedding day, not spend it stressing about the little things. To save you the hassle and the stress, we have gathered a few wedding hacks to make your day easier.
- Wearing a veil? Use veil weights to keep your veil in place in case of wind.
- Break in your shoes before the wedding day. You can do this easily with just a blow dryer and socks.
- Keep the kids entertained. Provide wedding-themed coloring or activity books.
- Come up with a wedding hashtag to create a real-time wedding photo album on social media.
- Planning for an outdoor venue? Attach Solemates to your heels so your shoes don’t get stuck in the grass.
- Create snack packs for you, the groom, and the bridal party to tide you over between the ceremony and reception. Keeping everyone fed will make sure everyone stays happy!
- Assign each bridal party or family member to a different vendor. Have them exchange contact information so they can solve any problems the day of and you don’t have to be worried.
- Have a spare pair of shoes. The shoes you are wearing for your ceremony and photos may not be comfortable anymore once you get to the reception, especially if there’s dancing. Have a pair of flats or sandals just in case.
- Remove static from your dress with a wire hanger. Run the long side of the hanger over your dress and between your tights, slip, etc. and you’ll be static free!
- Create a wedding timeline and hand it out to your families and bridal party. This way, everyone will be where they are supposed to be when they’re supposed to be there.
- Have a kit of emergency essentials with you at all times. This could include gum, deodorant, bobby pins, lip gloss, safety pins, etc. Have your maid of honor or bridesmaid carry it with them throughout the day so you always have access to it.
- Get rid of any morning-of pimples. The last thing you want to see when you wake up on the morning of your wedding is a big zit. Put Listerine or ice on it for a few minutes to reduce swelling and redness.
- Give your DJ a “do not play” list to avoid awkward dancing.
- Wear a cute outfit while you’re getting ready. If you are having a photographer there during hair and make up, make sure you love those photos by wearing something cute, like a button down shirt, robe, etc. Also make sure whatever you wear doesn’t have to be pulled over your head to take off to avoid messing your hair up.
- Find a time to spend time alone with your groom. The whole day really is about the two of you so make sure you have time together away from all the craziness.
Use these tips to make sure your wedding day is stress-free! In the end, even if things go wrong, all that matters at the end of the day is that you are married to the person you love. So enjoy the day and have fun!